Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Natural Hair Diaries: Tangle Teezer

Review: Tangle Teezer


So after the same long drawn out hunt everyone else has had, I finally got my hands on the "elusive" Tangle Teezer. The Sally Beauty Supply closest to me finally got in a shipment but the wench (excuse me calling her that but she answered the phone like i was calling her cell phone late at night while she was with her man) told me they didnt come in. I forgot to call the next day but when I finally did, the sweet lady who answered said "we sold the last one yesterday". So of course this was me.

Something told me: "Self...call the Sally's by where you used to stay...you know the one with the heavy hispanic population.....yea...." So I call them.  "Hello, Do you have the Tangle Teezer" lady: "yes" me: "how many?" her: "About 3 boxes"


I hit the tangle teezer lottery.

Anyway, I was anxious to try it.  I loved my denman brush and was excited because I heard the TT cut detangling time drastically.  Plus its ergonomic and I have repetitive stress injuries in my wrists so ergonomic is the way to go for me.

So I use it! I love it.  I detangled my hair so quickly I cant even tell yall how long it was.  It was likely 2 minutes.  I had previously done a bentonite clay treatment (blog on that coming next) and then I had been DC'ing for about 2 hours.  I decided it was time to detangle and boy was it a breeze.  It wasn't hard for me to hold at all.  It takes getting used to but as long as you hold it correctly its made perfectly for your hand.  I mean, when i had conditioner all over me it did slip out of my hand once...but my denman does also.

Overall, I loved it.  I rinsed my hair today to refresh my curls and ran the TT thru it to detangle.  Again...quick and got the job done.

OH OH OH....also...I had minimal hair that came out in the TT compared to when I use my denman.  However, I will say that could be due to the bentonite clay treatment I just did but I will keep an eye on that and update.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I think I LIKE it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...