Thursday, July 22, 2010

This. Right Here. Is My. Natural Hair Swag.



So as of January 2, 2010 I got my last perm. At the time, I didnt know it would be my last one. So i usually got 3-4 months before I get a perm anyway and my linesisters had been pressuring me to go ahead and stop getting perms for a while...but I'm so hair lazy that I wasnt trying to hear it. Like I said, I rarely got a perm, I just wrap it and go...I barely use my flat iron and i'm def not good with a curling iron and please done ask me to use rollers.

Anyway, I knew I liked my curls (especially on the thicker side of my hair) and thought abt how much more i would like it if I could just wear it like that on occasion...so I decided to go for it.

With the suggestions from a few natural friends, I found a stylist to go to and get my hair pressed in June (about 5 months in) and cut. The one i found is amazing. AMAZING!! I love her. She's worth every penny I've paid...and i'm in and out in an hour!!! WONDEROUS!!!

Here are a few pics:

Fresh Perm (January 2010)




June 2010 (before the cut)



June 2010 (the cut)




June 2010 (twist out)



July 2010 (new cut and press w/ bangs)




So...Hopefully I'll have all the perm cut off by December and I'll be 100% natural!! Woo Hoo!!! I sooo cant wait. I would have already cut a lot more off it it wasn't for this darn DC humidity!!! Craziness!!!

1 comment:

Oh I think I LIKE it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...