Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clean Eating

So upon stumbling onto a wonderful website a few months ago (this one to be specific) I decided I wanted to eat more clean.  I had been thinking about the amount of processed foods me and my people had been eating and wanted to ease up on that.  So...this site was just in time.

I do a lot of cooking anyway....Was usually once or twice a week and I would take my lunch 2-3 times a week on a good week.  So my challenge was to increase all of this.  I was planning to now take my lunch to work DAILY and my breakfast DAILY.  On top of that I planned to cook 3-4 times a week depending on the week.
Doing this while taking away processed food required me planning meals in advance so I could shop (and meet my budget....lawd my budget).  It also required me prepping my food the night before.

For instance.  I'm having cereal and a smoothie for breakfast tomorrow (if I'm running late that smoothie will turn into just juice....it bees like that sometimes) therefore, my milk is already poured into a small container to take to work and my cereal is in a Ziploc bag.  I also have all my sandwich components ready to just throw into my bag for lunch.  It takes a lot of forethought and deliberate action.  But its worth it.....even if its just monetarily.  Lunch on average can cost $6-$7 a day and breakfast can cost like $3.  So if we round that all to $10 a day to eat out that's $50 per week just during the work week.....$200 a month. And probably a bazillion calories and fat and cholesterol grams missed out especially if your go to is McDonald's, Wendy's, Popeye's, the deli with the LARGER THAN LIFE sandwiches and even subway if you get all the sauces and bacon and 40988 different meats (yum #bacon).

But you get what I'm saying........we all have better things to do then spend $200 a month to eat out when we all have bills.  Here are some of the pics of the delicious things I've made (some from the website above).

If you have more delicious recipes....send 'em along.

Bourbon Chicken


                                           Salmon, Spinach and Pasta w/ EVOO garlic, salt, pepper

All-American Cheeseburger and Cheese Fries

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it girl! Great post. Clean eating can be inconvenient at times, but is definitely worth it. Even if you pick a "healthy" option while dining it, you still aren't going to be completely certain of what all you're consuming. Eating at home is usually the best way to go. Now...if I can just learn how to take my own advice lol.

    ReplyDelete

Oh I think I LIKE it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...