Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MIXTAPE REVIEW *SWAG&B* by Sammie





So. I've always been a Sammie Fan....from back in the day when he was Lil' Sammie. Even through all the nay-sayers (I still get the hate...but whatever) before Soulja put him on that "Kiss Me Thru the Phone".

Therefore, when i found him on Twitter...i could not have been more excited...AT ALL. I clearly started following him and also watching his UStreams. And my fandom increased and was certified. They boy is talented. When he announced he was releasing a mixtape...my excitement increased again. I downloaded it in the first seconds...literally...after he posted it. Yes i was sitting at my computer waiting!! lol

So...needless to say I love the mixtape. Its a true mixtape with all the DJ interruptions and shoutouts etc etc but the tracks are quality. He and Trey Songz are about to set the R&B game on edge. I just really want for Sammie to get the hype that Trey does because vocally....Sammie is something different and amazing.

I decided I wanted to talk about what my favorite tracks were so I thought of 4-5 right off hand but thought "let me listen to a few more to be sure" which seems to be a mistake because i realize i do TRULY have a great appreciation for pretty much every song on here.

There are a few that wont make the favorites list but are still good and since I should limit the favs list to about 5 ....all my true favs wont be listed!! lol. pitiful i know.

Here are my favorite tracks in no particular order:

1. Come Home
2. Wetter
3. Night and Day
4. Love Rapture
5. Rover Music
ok i lied...i'll do 6!!
6. Love Hate Sex

If you want to listen for yourself...go here!! http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_HOLIDAY_Sammie_Swag_B_Volume_1.m58697.html

I'm OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I think I LIKE it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...