Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's been too long and I'm lost without YOU! : REMEMBERING AALIYAH!!

August 25, 2011 marks the 10th year anniversary of the passing of Aaliyah Dana Haughton.

If you know anything about me, you likely know that I've had an obsession with Aaliyah from Day 1...."The one who started it all" "Baby Girl" "Liyah" ...........she was truly amazing to me.

I stay blogging about her in some way, shape or form...tweeting lyrics...posting songs...something.  I love her music.  No one is doing what Aaliyah did.  Literally she has a song for every emotion and feeling.  If I'm in love...i go to Aaliyah (Street Thing, One in a Million).


sidebar: Street Thing....i used to sing my lil heart out to that song like i was a grown ass woman in love or something...to this day that is my JAM!!!

 If I'm heartbroken (The One I gave my Heart To, Heartbroken)...Aaliyah.  If one day I wanted to be the other woman (I Can Be)....hell she has a song for that too.  You can listen to ANY one of her songs right now and it can compete with current songs.  Think about "I Care 4 U" while this song was released on her final album Aaliyah when she was 22 it was recorded for her "One in a Million" album.........5 years before.  You listen to the passion, power, dedication, love and strength in her voice.....then remember she was 17 singing it....and its STILL RELEVANT TODAY.

(my all-time fav. babygirl pic)

My facebook page for the last month has been a constant rotation of Aaliyah pics.  I mean, I seriously felt attached to this girl.  She just seemed to have a beautiful spirit.  I was am definitely a FANATIC (remember the MTV show) and what nowadays would be a STAN...

She's amazing.  Although I want to be sad and cry (don't judge me...when Bey goes some of yall gon' go with her yall gon' be so distraught)...I just want to honor her life.  She died doing what she loved...what she was passionate about.  She'll always be remembered and her voice, face, dancing will live on...carrying her LEGACY!!


"Everything is worth it -- the hard work, the times when you're tired, the times when you are a bit sad.  In the end, it's all worth it because it really makes me happy.  I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.  I've got good friends, a beautiful family and I've got a career.  I thank God for his blessings every single chance I get" - Aaliyah



AALIYAH WE MISS YOU!! LOVE YOU!!! ..............until we meet again.

MTV DIARY - AALIYAH



Aaliyah "MTV Diary."
Get More: Aaliyah "MTV Diary."


Paying Homage 

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/the-juice/keyshia-cole-monica-swv-ciara-more-female-1005325732.story?page=2

A LOVE lost: Dame Dash

http://www.billboard.com/column/the-juice/damon-dash-talks-losing-aaliyah-nothing-1005325572.story#/column/the-juice/damon-dash-talks-losing-aaliyah-nothing-1005325572.story


CNN Pays Tribute

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/24/aaliyah.10.years.later.laws/



In the end...it's your voice that means the most and tells how much we truly MISS YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I think I LIKE it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...